Shining threads

Shining threads

Monday 17 January 2011

Waving to the drowning

I saw that he was drowning, so I waved back.

Try swimming, my friend, I said.

It's no use flailing your arms about.

I'm now on solid ground and know the ocean is just an illusion.

So it would be silly for me to jump back in.

I know you can swim. I've seen you swim before.

So.....swim.

Go on.

Towards me.

I know it seems a long way but that's all an illusion.

You could be here in a flash if you set your mind to it.

Drowning is a choice. Despair is an attitude. Depression is a lifestyle.

You can go that way if you want...but I bet you are curious to know what life is like on the shore.

Let that curiosity drive you and don't get too distracted by sea-creatures.

I know they're pretty and interesting but you'll just tire yourself out.

Go on, I dare you. Make the journey. Start now.

No comments:

Post a Comment